Join us Saturday September 14th at Noon for our Oktoberfest Party and our next can/bottle release as we unveil a couple of new beesr and celebrate the return of a seasonal favorite. Modern World - IPA and Märzen - Oktoberfest Lager in 16oz cans as well as our latest mixed fermentation beer, Silence Mill, in 500ml bottles! Kleinfelder Hots and Brats, Polka music, and Our Annual Stein Hoisting Competition - see below for details!
Modern World - IPA 6.6% ABV
A new IPA from us featuring Nelson, Zappa, and Mosaic hops., This unique hop combo produces tons of tropical fruit, citrus, and fruity pebble notes. $16/4 pack
Märzen – Oktoberfest Lager 5.2% ABV
Our Oktoberfest Beer. Traditional Märzen-style lager, toasted malt sweetness and slight German hop spice define this medium bodied, clean, copper-hued lager. $12/4 pack
Silence Mill - Foeder Aged Mixed Fermentation Saison w/Local Honey 6% ABV
Silence Mill is our Foeder aged mixed fermentation saison refermented with local honey then bottle conditioned. A pleasant amount of acidity rounds out the earthy funk and yeast characteristics balanced by a hint of honey sweetness yet still finishing dry.
In addition to the beer release, our Oktoberfest Party features delicious sausages from Kleinfelder Hots and Brats who will be posted up for service when we open at Noon.
At 3pm we will hold our Second Annual Stein Hoisting Competition for a chance to win a spot in our exclusive Stein Club. Here are the details/rules:
Competition begins at 3pm.
Entry into the competition is $13 (which includes a pour of Märzen in our 25oz Stein, Keep the Glass!)
Rules: (Modified Official USSA, yes, that's a thing..)
1. Stein must be gripped by the handle.
2. The thumb may not rest on top of the stein handle, it must rest on the other fingers.
3. Pinkie finger may be held outside of the handle.
4. Arching of the back is allowable, however excessive leaning is unacceptable.
5. The stein must be gripped such that the front of the stein faces away from the competitor (the stein can't be gripped sideways).
6. Stein must be held out in front of the competitor, not out to the side.
7. The arm holding the stein must remain close to parallel with the floor and should be extended straight with very little bending at the elbow.
8. The arm holding the stein should remain separated from the chest of the competitor. The chest may not be used as a shelf to support the arm.
9. The off-hand should remain at the competitor's side or back and may not touch or be used to support the arm holding the stein.
10. An infraction of any rule will result in a strike. After two strikes, the third infraction leads to elimination of the competitor.
11. If any amount of beer spills or drips off of the stein, the competitor is eliminated, regardless of the number of previously assigned strikes. During outdoor competitions or humid conditions, judges should be sure to differentiate between dripping resulting from condensation and dripping resulting from beer spillage.
12. Competitors should not contact any structures, objects or people during the competition.
13. Competitors must stand within their personal area and should not move more than is necessary to make adjustments ensuring proper form during the competition.
The last person left holding the stein is declared the winner. First place receives a spot in our Stein Club Second Ediion. Runner up receives a T-Shirt.
Please be mindful of our neighbors around us. Please don't drink in the parking lot as the neighbors will call the police.